ViveMejor Summer Tips for You and Your Family!
Beauty expert Leonardo Rocco and Chef Marcela Valladolid share their secrets for summer fun on ViveMejor.com!
Summertime is finally here! Now that the kids are out of school, why arrange an expensive family getaway when you can experience a perfect day close to home? By staying close to home you can spend quality time with your loved ones, save money and discover more of your unexplored surroundings. Take full advantage of these perfect summer days with ViveMejor.com, your lifestyle resource. ViveMejor offers you tips on what to do with the family, how to prepare delicious meals that all can enjoy, and offers beauty tips so you can enjoy the summer in style!
Below are some fresh ideas to guide you on how to begin your perfect summer day with an outdoor picnic. Author, mom and Chef Marcela Valladolid offers some recipes that are delicious and affordable, so you can enjoy a fabulous lunch without breaking the bank!
1. Consider making use of your outdoor space this season and start a home garden with your family. Have each of your loved ones choose different things to plant and let your garden come alive! Take a few minutes each morning to weed and water your herbs and vegetables, so you can enjoy them for lunch or dinner once they ripen. Plant some cilantro, a popular herb in Hispanic dishes, and use it to make a Tropical Fruit Dip. This scrumptious appetizer goes wonderfully with papayas or mangoes, and is made with Hellmann’s(R) or Best Foods(R) Light Mayonnaise, providing real taste with half the fat and calories of Real Mayonnaise. Each tablespoon of this amazing dip is just $0.14(i)! By enjoying this treat while waiting for the main course you’re sure to start your lunch off right!!
2. After lunch, head to the beach, and make sure to pack plenty of beach toys to keep the kids busy. As they are enjoying their day in the sun and begin to get thirsty, give them a new and exciting drink like a Lemon Mo-tea- to, which is a great alternative to sodas! It is made with seltzer water, Lipton(R) Lemon Sugar Sweetened Iced Tea Mix and crushed mint leaves, which can also come from your very own home garden! The Lemon Mo-tea-to is quick, easy and full of flavor, so it is a summer refreshment that the whole family will love!
After spending an entire a day outside with your loved ones don’t be afraid to wind down and take some time for yourself after the kids go to bed. Take the opportunity to pamper yourself to make sure you look and feel great! With the summer humidity and rising temperatures, your beauty routine might change and hair and skin may become harder to manage. Luckily, beauty expert and celebrity stylist Leonardo Rocco is ready to share his secrets, tips and advice for looking as fabulous as ever during this season!
1. After a day in the sun, the heat and humidity can cause hair to become dry and damaged, making it harder to control. The key to gorgeous summer hair is moisturization. For salon proven performance without paying the salon price, use Suave Professionals(R) Damage Care Shampoo and Conditioner. This formula helps revitalize damaged hair, giving it a healthy-looking shine that will make other moms jealous! Try not to use blow dryers and straightening irons everyday when styling, as they will cause additional damage to your hair. Instead, try letting it air dry to show off its natural, glossy waves for a care-free look!
2. In addition to causing damage to your hair, spending a lot of time outdoors and in the sun can also wreak havoc on your skin. After cleansing your face at night make sure to keep it moisturized and healthy looking by using Pond’s(R) clarant B3. Besides serving as a great moisturizer, it is proven to even out women’s skin tone by reducing the appearance of dark spots in just 4 weeks You can always feel confident and put your best face forward while enjoying outdoor fun!
3. Finally, to avoid uncomfortable underarm wetness in your summer clothes, apply Dove Clinical Protection(R) at night before bed. Night time gives the unique prescription-strength formula time to work, building a strong level of 24-hour wetness protection that will help you feel confident while you’re out in the sun this summer!
With all these tips from Chef Marcela and Rocco, you are ready to enjoy the summer, eat well and look great while doing it, all at affordable prices! The only thing left to worry about is planning out the next exciting activity for you and your loved ones. Just make sure to enjoy the warm weather while it lasts!
For even more recipes, beauty tips, and money-saving coupons, don’t forget to visit www.ViveMejor.com!
(i) Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Unilever’s mission is to add vitality to life. We meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. Each day, around the world, consumers make 160 million decisions to purchase Unilever products.
In the United States, the portfolio includes major brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Hellmann’s, Klondike, Knorr, Lipton, Popsicle, Promise, Q-Tips, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Suave, Sunsilk and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies. Dedicated to serving consumers and the communities where we live, work and play, Unilever employs nearly 12,000 people in both the United States and Puerto Rico — generating nearly $10 billion in sales in 2008. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com.