Cell Phone Is Single Females’ New Best Friend
Single mobile females (SMFs) – young single women who have cell phones – assign to their mobile devices an important role in relationships and dating, organizing their lives, and in fashion, according to a recent study commissioned by Samsung Telecommunications America.
“The cell phone is an integral part of the SMF’s life, serving as a pocket-size detective, matchmaker, wing-woman and beyond. It is now officially a girl’s best friend,” said Randy Smith, VP of channel marketing for Samsung.
Single mobile females all you Wanted to Know
Among the survey findings:
- More than two-thirds of women (73%) of women have ditched traditional, paper address books for their cell phones to keep track of contacts.
- The average number of cell phone contacts is 63.
- Almost one-third of respondents said they can tell a good amount about a person by the type of cell phone they have (32%).
- Some 12% of females surveyed said that they would be less likely to date someone if they had a big and bulky cell phone.
- Nearly three-quarters of females surveyed look at their cell phone, rather than their watch, to get the time (74%).
- More than one out of three SMFs have had a friend call them to interrupt a date (34%).
- A whopping 70% said they have snooped on their significant other’s cell phone – for example, by looking through text messages or picking up their phone to see who is calling.
- Single mobile females use cell phones to avoid calls: 40% have faked technical difficulties to avoid someone they were not interested in dating.
- Nearly four out of ten (39%) single women have suffered from “text shame:” sending a text message and then waking up the next morning realizing that they said something they shouldn’t have.
- Nearly half of survey respondents prefer to flirt with someone they are interested in via text message when they are away from them (48%).
- More than 10% of females surveyed say the “three day rule” – waiting to call someone until three days after a first date – only applies to calling, and one can send a text message to someone before day three (13%).
- 78% of females surveyed prefer to give their cell phone number to someone they are attracted to.
About the study: The survey, commissioned by Samsung, was conducted by Kelton Research and included more than 500 US unmarried females ages 18 to 35 who have a cell phone.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] apps now in our article on how and where to find the best golf course app for iphone and android It is hoped that this particular article will help the average golfer (that might be new to advanced…g. It is important to bring up a very old saying when dealing with these particular type of […]
[…] of this phenomenal new frontier of marketing. Till next time Allan Cell Phone Marketing News Be sure to visit our new page of exciting Cell Phone Deals Cell Phone Marketing Accord…phonecash-468×60.gif" alt="" /> Cell Phone Marketing According to the Cell Phone Marketing […]
[…] see my latest report on this subject go hereCell Phone Marketing News – has some exciting information on marketing using your cell phone. Howeve…me course or […]
Cell Phone Is Single Females’ New Best Friend [link to post]
[…] Cell Phone Is Single Females’ New Best Friend | Hispanic Marketing Blog Some 12% of females surveyed said that they would be less likely to date someone if they had a big and bulky cell phone. […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!