by Claudia “Havi” Goffan
Most of us, marketers, are trying to engage the Millennials or Gen Y. Also, most marketers are still leery of Gen Y marketing techniques. Therefore, we need to keep understanding who they are, what they do, what they like and what they dislike. Here is a brief overview of the Millennials or Gen Y.
- Gen Y believes in the power of WE and is all-inclusive.
- Gen Y is multicultural and 34% of Millennials are Hispanics.
- Gen Y believes that customized options help define personal style.
- Gen Y is hyper-connected.
- Gen Y is married to mass media and goes online more than any other generation.
- Gen Y uses cellphones as an extension of their own body.
- The average Gen Y’er spends an average of 33 hours on social networks, 31 hours on email, and sends over 700 texts, every month.
- Their status updates or messages to friends reach hundreds, and because of its instant repetition, they reach greater audiences almost instantly.
- Gen Y loves communication tools – especially instant messages.
- Gen Y is interested in social popularity or social status and most of them have not met many of their friends in person – ever.
- Gen Y is the first generation that can actually measure its popularity.… [more]
You may also find these articles of your interest: